Many thanks to Beth at About a Book Club for tagging me! Go and check out her answers and hop over to her blog!
This Studious Saturday post will be a tag.
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
• Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
• Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Here are my answers to Beth’s questions:
1) What has been your favourite book of the month so far?
I have to go for The Fix by David Baldacci. This book was published last year but I started reading it at the beginning of this month and finished it in 3 days. I love the Amos Decker series and highly recommend it to any readers who enjoy a fast-paced detective mystery.
2) Name a book that you have recently bought solely from a blogger’s review.
I am currently reading The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers after buying it when I read Kristin‘s review and I’m really glad I did. It’s entertaining and adventurous and even though I don’t usually read Sci-Fi I’m really enjoying this one!
3) Do you read multiple books at a time? Or just one?
I usually read just one on my kindle unless I also have a paperback that I’m also reading in which case I alternate between the two.
4) Name a book that you were disappointed by/felt had been over-hyped.
I was disappointed by Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee. I expected another thought-provoking read with controversial topics discussed but I thought it was average and it left me feeling empty.
5) Give an ‘unpopular opinion’ on a book/series that everyone else seems to love.
I don’t think that The Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins is as great as others make it out to be. It was interesting but I found it difficult to relate to the main character and follow the story line until the end.
6) What book have you read the most times cover to cover?
I read To Kill a Mockingbird several times at school and also a few times afterwards as well and it never disappoints. It’s usually the first book I recommend to anyone who is looking to read a Classic.
7) Favourite cover art of a book you own (include a picture, if you can!)
I love the cover of The Sisterhood. It’s a simple but beautiful design which also goes perfectly with the story:
8) Name a stand-alone book that you WISH had a sequel.
And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
9) What setting of a book would you love to visit?
I’d love to visit the circus described in The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. There would be so much to explore!
10) Name something that bugs you about the book blogging community.
I would say the international blogger debate. I have seen so many discussions lately on this and I can relate to many points made.
11) Name something you LOVE about the book blogging community.
I love how inclusive and welcoming the community is. We all have different tastes in reading depending on age, genre, location etc. but we also all share our love of books and it’s so wonderful how book bloggers are always so supportive and helpful.
1. What was your favourite book when you were a child?
2. Name a book that you wish was made into a film/series.
3. Do you prefer to buy or borrow books? Why?
4. What language do you prefer reading in?
5. How do you get over a reading slump?
6. What would you say to your favourite author if you ever get the chance to meet him/her?
7. Name a character that you feel could have been developed more.
8. Which book that you read this year has pleasantly surprised you?
9. Share a quote that you like from the book you are currently reading.
10. Imagine that you meet your favourite character by chance. How do you react?
11. Has any book ever made you cry? Share a passage or your thoughts on it.
Thank you for reading my answers and I hope those of you nominated enjoy this tag. Please don’t feel obliged to do it but if you do decide to publish the award, please tag me in the post because I would love to read it!