Studious Saturday: The Sunshine Blogger Award book tag
Hi there and welcome to another Studious Saturday post! This one is another tag as I have been awarded the Sunshine Blogger Award again, this time by the lovely Hannah whose blog you should definitely hop over to! Thanks for the award, Hannah!
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
• Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
• Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
• Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
1. Are you a pen and paper fan or do you prefer to type?
A bit of both. I prefer to get my thoughts down on paper first and have several notebooks where I jot down ideas but when it comes to writing posts I prefer to type.
2. Are you an avid traveller or do you prefer to stay near home?
Definitely an avid traveller! My family is dispersed all over the world and I try to visit them as often as I can. When I can I also like to go away on city trips with my boyfriend and my group of friends. I’m a firm believer that life is not meant to be lived in one place and travelling is the best way to explore all the opportunities that life has to offer so I try to follow this principle as much as I can.
3. What’s the first thing you do when you get home from a busy day?
Shower and change into something comfortable and then pick up my current book and read until I get tired!
4. What’s your favourite comfort food and why?
Strawberries are my favourite food ever although I wouldn’t call it comfort food because they are healthy. After strawberries I would probably choose nice quality Belgium or Swiss chocolate because the flavour is incredible!
5. What is your favourite genre to read and what would you like to read more of?
My favourite genre to read is mystery/thriller/crime but I am definitely trying to broaden my range out to contemporary fiction, historical fiction and humour/romance. I even tried Science Fiction a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it so I think I’ll continue to swap inbetween genres.
6. If you could spend 24 hours anywhere and with anyone, where and who would it be and why?
I would get my whole family back to my hometown in Bulgaria and spend 24 hours with them. I still see them often but it’s been years since we have all managed to get together in the same place at the same time and it would be a day that I would treasure forever if it ever happens.
7. How do you mark a page in your book? (Bookmark, random paper, folding pages, etc.)
I usually read books on my kindle so the page is automatically saved before I go back to the main screen.
8. Who is your favourite Disney sidekick and why?
Simba from The Lion King! Although I guess not really a sidekick?
9. What is your favourite recipe to make on a cold day?
Chicken soup! I make chicken soup when I’m cold, ill, upset, hungry… you name it! There was a period during last winter when I was constantly making chicken soup and did not regret it.
10. What movie could you watch over and over again?
I could definitely watch The Parent Trap several times without getting tired of it. I loved this movie when I was younger and I still watch it every now and again.
11. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I thought long and hard about this question but I don’t remember?! I have been in awe of Roger Federer for years but I wouldn’t call him my first celebrity crush but rather someone I really admire. I honestly don’t know!
1. How and when did you get into blogging?
2. Are there any films that you thought were better than the book?
3. Paperbacks, hardbacks or ebooks?
4. Do you exchange books with family and/or friends?
5. Which setting of a book was so vivid that you still recall today?
6. Which character can you imagine becoming your best friend if they were real?
7. Do you prefer standalone books or those with sequels?
8. Is there a time of year or certain periods when you read more?
9. Share one of your favourite quotes of the book you are currently reading or have just finished reading.
10. Do you ever skip to the last chapter to find out what happens?
11. What is your favourite thing about the book blogging community?
Thanks once again to Hannah for the award! For those of you tagged please don’t feel obliged to answer my questions but if you decide to post, please tag me in it so I can read your answers! Have a great weekend!